The following “Zelenko Protocol” has been used successfully by thousands of patients for their “in-home” treatment. Start treating ASAP. Provide supportive care with fluids, fever control, and rest.
Low Risk Patient (LRP) – Younger than 45, no co-morbidities, and clinically stable (over the counter options):
LRP-1. Elemental Zinc 50mg 1 time a day for 7 days (e.g. 220 mg of zinc sulfate or equivalent)
LRP-2.1. Quercetin 500mg 2 times a day for 7 days (with bromelain supplement) OR
LRP-2.2. Epigallocatechin-gallate (EGCG) 400mg 1 time a day for 7 days
LRP-3. Vitamin C 1000mg 1 time a day for 7 days
LRP-4. Vitamin D3 5000iu 1 time a day for 7 days (oil capsules have better absorption).
Moderate/High Risk Patient(HRP) – Older than 45, younger than 45 with co-morbidities, or clinically unstable
HRP-1. Hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) 200mg 2 times a day for 5-7 days AND/OR
HRP-2. Ivermectin(IVM) 0.4-0.5mg/kg/day for 5-7 days
Note: Either or both HCQ and IVM can be used, and if one only, the second agent may be added after about 2 days of treatment if obvious recovery has not yet been observed etc. If HCQ is not available, Quercetin 500mg (with bromelain supplement) 3 times a day for 7 days OR EGCG 400mg 2 times a day for 7 days in combination with the above
HPR-3. Elemental Zinc 50 – 100 mg 1 time a day for 7 days (e.g. 220mg to 440 mg of zinc sulfate or equivalent)
HRP-4. Azithromycin 500mg 1 time a day for 5 days OR Doxycycline 100mg 2 times a day for 7 days
HRP-5. Vitamin C 1000 mg 1 time a day for 7 days
HRP-6. Vitamin D3 10,000 IU 1 time a day for 7 days (oil capsules have better absorption).
1) How much zinc you should take per day depends on the type and forms of zinc, as each supplement contains a different amount of ‘elemental zinc’. The percentage of elemental zinc varies by form. For example, approximately 23% of zinc sulfate consists of elemental zinc; thus, 220 mg of zinc sulfate contains 50 mg of elemental zinc (Ref). Zinc picolinate (20% of elemental zinc), zinc ascorbate (15%), zinc chloride (48%), zinc carbonate (52%), zinc citrate (31%), zinc bisglycinate (25%) (Ref) and zinc gluconate (14%) and zinc oxide (80%).
2) If you cannot get hydroxychloroquine or ivermectin, quercetin is a viable stand-in. Quercetin works best when taken with vitamin C and Bromelain, as vitamin C helps activate it and bromelain helps with the absorption.
3) Other Treatment Options:
* Dexamethasone 6-12mg 1 time a day for 7 days OR Prednisone 20mg twice a day for 7 days, taper as needed
* Budesonide 1mg/2cc solution via nebulizer twice a day for 7 days
* Blood thinners (i.e. Lovenox, Eliquis, Xarelto, Pradaxa, Aspirin)
* Colchicine 0.6mg 2-3 times a day for 5-7 days
* Monoclonal antibodies
* Home IV fluids and oxygen
4) India’s Uttar Pradesh State uses Ivermectin for its 241 million citizens and experiences a 97% reduction in Covid-19 cases and deaths.